The Proposed Development
Lidl proposes the redevelopment of its current store in Clapham Junction. The redevelopment proposals comprise of the following:
- Basement and ground floor car park for customers
- 1st floor store accessed by travelater
- A larger sales floor and bakery
We would like to hear your views about these plans prior to submitting a planning application to The London Borough of Wandsworth.
Benefits to Wandsworth
The redevelopment of the Clapham Junction site will provide many benefits to the Town Centre and the local area.
- Redeveloping of the old store
- Creation of additional full-time and part-time jobs for local people
- Provision of a far superior shopping destination and experience for local shoppers
Lidl is already firmly established as a leading grocery retailer throughout Europe. By offering top quality products and fresh goods at extremely competitive prices, Lidl has been able to building one of the fastest growing retail operations in the country with over 630 stores nationwide.